Two Weeks Without the Hubby



Like I mentioned before, and probably a thousand other times — Matt was in Florida again for work for two weeks and got back Wednesday afternoon. I didn’t think this was going to effect me as much as it did.

The night he left I started to feel a little tingle in my throat and thought it was just allergies. Little did I know, it was not allergies but just the beginning of walking pneumonia.

I had plans pretty much all week with my girlfriends while Matt was gone. I figured if I stayed busy than I wouldn’t focus on him not being there. I sucked it up Saturday night and went out to Dally in the Alley in downtown Detroit. It’s an art, food, and music festival that has been going on for 39 years. I’ve never been and I really didn’t want to let my friends down. It rained most of the time we were down there and that just made my sickness worse. (I know, I know, I knew better. My mom has yelled at me enough about it and I’m almost 29 years old.)

When I woke up Sunday morning I literally thought I had died. I couldn’t move out of bed and the kids were going to be here in just a few hours. The next few days were a blur of cold medicine and dragging myself around the house to get the kids to and from school while saving enough energy and make dinner.

Work wouldn’t let me come in, so I laid on the couch and began to binge watch Shameless. I finished all six seasons in two weeks. LOL I’m telling you that takes talent and dedication. I am SO excited for season seven to start in less than two weeks! Anyone else watch Shameless?

The kids were absolutely horrible for me the past two weeks. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I cried myself to sleep because they were acting like two kids I had never seen before. I understand that their life was a little crazy too. Their Dad left for another two weeks and they missed him — hell, I missed him too and they just started back to school with new routines! But damn, they were relentless. They fought with each other non-stop, lied to me multiple times with the excuse of: “you don’t yell and get mad at us like all the other parents do.” — I call bullshit, and they just over all had no interest in listening to a word I had to say.

You best believe I felt like a complete failure of a mother on top of feeling like complete crap from being sick. I got to the point where I finally dragged myself to the doctor and found out I had walking pneumonia and they gave me antibiotics to begin to the getting better process. By the time the antibiotics began to work Matt was getting ready to head home from Florida.

I picked him up at the airport and we went and picked up the kids from school. The look on their faces when they saw Matt were priceless and I know that it will be etched into his memory forever. And since Matt has been home….they have been complete angels. Go figure.


12 thoughts on “Two Weeks Without the Hubby

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s