What a wonderful tag! Thank you, Tikeetha for thinking of me! Tikeetha is one of my favorite bloggers. She is real, honest, kind and supportive! I’m sure you all follow Tikeetha as well, but if for some crazy reason you don’t, stop by her page and you will see exactly what I’m talking about! Every Friday I write about five things that made me feel good that week. I also participated in the Kindness Challenge on Niki’s blog The Richness of a Simple Life. I strongly feel that kind thoughts reflect a happy life. I mean, they do say, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile.
Five things that make me happy…..
- Marriage: I love being married. I love being married to my best friend. Being away from each other the past two weeks really made me appreciate my husband more than I already do. (and if you know me, you know I adore this man) It makes me happy to know I get to spend the rest of my life loving someone and being loved in return.
- Our Kids : They may not be biologically mine, but that is the only thing that separates us. They make me happy by showing me that family isn’t about blood, it’s about love. They make me happy by being themselves and not changing who they are to make other people happy.
- Friendship: Friends are important to have in life. It makes me happy to know I have a few close friends, that without a doubt I can count on, no matter what.
- Florida: I’m so serious. Being on the beach in Florida makes me so happy. I am calm. I am at peace. I am 100% happy soaking up the sun and getting heavy doses of Vitamin D.
- Wine: I had to do a silly one, but wine always makes me happy when we hang out! LOL Wine tastings, wine parties, up north wine weekend trips. I just can’t get enough. When wine is involved, I am usually a very happy person! 😉
Five songs that make me happy….
- The Eagles – “Take It Easy” (I grew up listening to The Eagles. I know every song by heart. When I met my husband he started singing this song with me, I knew then he was the one LOL)
- Florida Georgia Line – “H.O.L.Y.” (happy tears every time I listen to this song)
- Keri Hilson – “Got Your Back” (I can’t help but dance — it has an amazing beat)
- Pistol Annies – “Hell of Heels”
- Luke Bryan – “Huntin’, Fishin’, Lovin’ Every Day” (clearly a country song, but this is one that Jordan and I will sing together — super loud in the car!)
“I nominate the following bloggers to continue the happiness tag by writing about five things that make them happy and five songs that stir happiness in their hearts. These bloggers are awesome and I enjoy their writing. I hope that you will check them out because they are pretty awesome.”
Stephanie – Making Time For Me
Nikki – A Kinder Way
Emily – The Corner Office
Jenn – A Mother of All Trades