My friend Stephanie at Making Time for Me, nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Stephanie is my step kid’s mom and she is not only my friend, but a phenomenal blogger. She has received countless awards and deserves every one of them. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, head on over there and say hello!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers for this award.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
The Questions I Answered:
1. Are you where you thought you would be at this stage in your life?
I am in some ways. I have a beautiful and supportive family, loyal friends, and a job that allows me the flexibility to spend time with my family.
2. What is your favorite country to watch show up in your stats?
I don’t really have a favorite country to watch, but I do like checking to see what new countries check out my blog every day.
3. What is one tip you have for bloggers?
Be YOU. Don’t try to be someone you aren’t. The more genuine you are the more followers will be able to connect with you on a deeper, more understanding level.
4. How do you choose who to give awards to?
I pick blogger friends or blogs that I have recently stumbled across that fit the description of what the award is for.
5. What is your favorite Holiday?
Christmas! I love Christmas. I grew up with so many amazing family traditions that I’m thankful I have got to pass on to our kids.
6. Are you spiritual/religious?
I grew up very religious. I was raised Mormon and went to church seven days a week. I use to have to go to “bible study” which is called seminary, every morning in high school on days we had school. My parents use to force us to go to church and there were just some things about the religion that bothered me. I’m not a fan of women not having any authority in a religion and being pushed aside.
7. What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Saturday mornings are usually mornings to myself! Depending on the a season I will do different things. In the Spring I will usually take Ford (our dog) for a walk, in the Summer I will go to the local Farmer’s Market, Fall I will usually be watching College Football, and in the winter I will be cuddled up on the couch with coffee, catching up on shows I have taped.
8. What is your ideal breakfast?
I ALWAYS get two eggs medium with well done bacon and a side of wheat toast. I will break the eggs, let the toast soak it up, put the bacon and egg on the wheat toast and eat it as a sandwich. My friends tease me because I have it down to a science now.
9. Did you go to your high school prom? Or if you haven’t had it yet, do you think you will go?
I went to prom as a sophomore, junior and a senior. My senior year I went with just my girlfriends in stead of a date.
10. Do you plan, write down thoughts, ideas or stats for your blog?
I have a yellow blogging journal. I write down ideas for posts and then I will write out rough drafts for each post that I write. It makes typing it up a lot easier, plus I enjoy writing.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your zodiac sign and does it fit your personality?
- What blog is your favorite to read and why?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your earliest memory and how old were you?
- What is the worst present you ever got?
- Three things you love about you and/or your life?
- Quick, what’s on your right?
- What did you start blogging?
- Have you ever met anybody famous?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?