I was nominated by Stephanie at Making Time for Me. Stephanie is my step kids mom. This woman is amazing. I never in a million years thought we would be where we are today, she is not only my FRIEND but my Mother-in-Combat as we navigate through this lifestyle of co-parenting and blended families.
•Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog.
•List the rules.
•Display the award on your post of the award.
•List seven facts about yourself.
•Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them
Seven Facts About Jessica:
- My feet and hands are always cold. It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is, they are cold 99% of the time. I will get home from being on my feet for 9 hours and my toes feel like ice cubes.
2. My guilty pleasure is a McDonald’s Coke and small fry. I can never get away with it either, the kids ALWAYS smell the fries the SECOND they get into my car. Even after I threw the bag away 4 hours prior.
3. When my step kids, James and Jordan were younger, they couldn’t say “Jess” so they called me “Ja”. I actually kinda miss hearing their little voices say that.
4. I use to write poetry when I was a teenager. I had a little green book I kept on my night stand and for every Mother’s Day and Father’s Day I would write my parents a poem. They cried like babies every time and I never understood why. Now that I’m a parent, I totally get it, especially coming from a teenager.
5. I played soccer for 19 years, I won 2 State Championships, and played on an Olympic Development Program that is very select of their players. I don’t brag about much, but I will brag about my soccer skills.
6. I hate living in Michigan. Plain and simple. I broke 14 bones playing soccer and that caused a lot of arthritis in my future. The cold weather triggers a lot of body aches and I’m only 28. Unfortunately, Michigan has two seasons, winter and construction, but mostly winter. If I could live in Florida, it would be a dream come true. (Hey Steph, wanna move? LOL)
7. I’m not a shoe person. *gasp* I know. I really could care less about shoes, until the time comes I need a specific pair. Good things my friends have amazing taste, huge shoe collections and the same shoe size as me. As for my step daughter Jordan, she is a shoe-a-holic at age 7. All she asked for her birthday was shoes.
Thanks again for the nomination, Stephanie!