Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lindsay for the Liebster Award nomination! Lindsay is over at Home, Hugs, and Huskies! Go check her out and say hello. She is a home schooling mama of 2 munchkins and 2 huskies in Cape Town!
10 Questions I answered:
- What do you think your best quality is?
I would have to go with my ability to make people laugh. I am actually a really funny person. If I see anyone is having a debbie-downer day, I will be there to help you crack a smile 🙂
2. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I wanted to be a professional soccer player and a teacher, at the same time.
3. What do you like about blogging?
I love the community and support everyone gives. I love being able to type out my feelings and emotions about topics that are important to me, and not feeling judged. I love being able to connect with other bloggers and read their stories.
4. What do you dislike about blogging?
How addicting it is! Haha. There are times I should be working on stuff for work or doing things around the house, but you will most likely catch me blogging in my favorite spot on the couch.
5. What inspires you to write?
My life experiences since I have become a stepmom! Every day it becomes easier and easier. That doesn’t mean I don’t hit speed bumps along the way like everyone else, but after almost 6 years, it isn’t so scary anymore.
6. What do you do to snap out of writer’s block?
I will pour myself a glass of wine, grab my notepad, and start jotting down memories I have had with my family. That usually sparks some good stories.
7. What is your favourite book? Why?
That’s a tough one because I love ALL books, and I love reading. If I had to pick, I would choose Jodi Picoult – Leaving Time. After reading it I had a greater appreciation for elephants, specifically elephants and their emotions.
8. Who was a hero in your life? Why?
I don’t have a specific hero, but I would say my whole family has been a hero to me in my time of needs. Each of them have saved me in their own way, in just the way I needed them at that time.
9. If money was no object, what would you be doing?
I would be on a permanent vacation, a permanent TROPICAL vacation. I would travel to Greece, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Australia, Africa….EVERYWHERE…in luxury 🙂
10. If you were a dog, which breed would you be? Why?
What a great question! I actually took a buzzfeed quiz about this LOL just to see what kind of breed it would give me, and I completely agree! This is what it said: Husky! Gentle and dignified, you are a dog that prefers an equal partnership between you and your human. You are fiercely independent but will always come home to those you call family. Radically playful, you cannot help but run in the fields, jump in the water, and finding new friends. Your fierce eyes give you a character all your own, making you one of the most distinctive breeds out there! I do have some pretty awesome eyes too 😉
My nominations are:
Michelle, from Fabulous Fit Mamas
Elizabeth, from Sugar and Spice, Everything Nice
Angelica, from Write On
My 10 Questions for you:
- What made you start blogging?
- What was the last movie you saw and did you like it?
- If you needed a pick-me-up what song would you turn on to cheer you up?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- What are some things you’ve crossed off your bucket list so far?
- What is your favorite meal?
- If you could meet any blogger in real life, who would you choose?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What do you dislike about blogging?
- If you were stuck on an island, and could pick one person to be stuck with. Who would you pick and why?
Thanks again, Lindsay! I really enjoyed this fun award! Happy Friday!